Dear LizzyKate customers,
Like many of you, we are concerned about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak in King County and elsewhere in the US and abroad. We want to let you know about the regular and extra precautions we are taking at the shop:
- every morning and evening we sanitize all tables, chairs, tea bar, counter tops, scale buttons, and handles on equipment, sinks and doors
- during the day we sanitize the tables, chairs and tea bar between customers
- all dishes are sanitized in our commercial dishwasher and we are doing a double sanitizing on mugs during the outbreak
- we wear gloves when packaging loose leaf tea
- for the upcoming weekend tea flights, we will serve the tea rather than the regular self-serve style
- at this time, we are not serving drinks in customer cups from home, only in to-go cups or mugs we have sanitized
- we are encouraging customers to pay by credit card rather than handling cash
We will continue to monitor updates from Public Health - Seattle and King County and our local and state governments and adjust our practices accordingly.
We hope to see you in the shop but understand if you're not comfortable doing that. Recall also that we started out as an online shop, so we're good at mailing you tea if you need your LizzyKate fix!
Thank you for your continued support of LizzyKate and other small businesses.
Will & Amy