The Super Bowl is almost here! As loyal Seahawks fans, the LizzyKate Team will be drinking hot green tea and cold brewed blue-berry tea.
We plan to start our day with Sencha Asamushi green tea. There's caffeine in it to jumpstart the day and also the amino acide L-theanine which is a brain calmer and helps you avoid the type of crash coffee can give you.
- For each 2-quart pitcher, add 6-8 heaping teaspoons of the loose leaf tea to a paper Tea Filter or the infuser in the pitcher.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water on the tea leaves. This releases some flavor from the dried blueberries and sterilizes at the same time.
- Add 7 cups of cold water to fill up the pitcher.
- Chill over night in the refrigerator.
The next day you'll have a delicious cold brewed blueberry tea which makes a refreshing, calorie-free drink for kids and adults. That's our plan for one pitcher. The plan for the other pitcher is the 12th Man Blueberry Bomb! Here's the recipe:
12th Man Blueberry Bomb
- 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup of Amaretto
- Add 5-6 cups (mix to your taste) of cold brewed Blueberry Fields
- Add a generous splash of grenadine
- Add a less generous splash of Rose's Lime Juice
- Stir together and add ice
Enjoy the game and please drink responsibly!